Senior/Software QA Engineer
As a Senior/Software QA Engineer, you will be a key member of an exciting product development team at Perx. You will be responsible for developing, configuring and maintaining Automated Testing Framework as well as performing manual testing, to ensure the software product quality at utmost levels.
The ideal candidate must have effective communication skills, strong analytical and problem solving skills, good experience of automated testing frameworks/tools, testing strategy, software debugging and end-to-end testing both blackbox and whitebox styles. Applicant must be highly motivated and willing to work in a fast paced agile team with highly talented individuals on complex and early-stage development projects.
- Define, develop, execute and maintain automated end-to-end test cases/use case scenarios that will help continuous deployment.
- Write clear, concise and comprehensive test cases.
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate both manual and automated testing activities.
- Debug, analyze, record, document and track software issues based on end-to-end testing.
- Investigate the root causes of issues and continuously improve on test coverage and regression testing.
- Track and report QA metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts, to continuously improve team’s performance.
- Define and perform various testing aspects like functional, scalability, reliability and performance of the product.
Skills and Experience:
- Must have programming or scripting experience with Ruby, Python, Java, Linux shell script and SQL (at least 2 or more).
- 5+ years of designing, developing, deploying and maintaining automated testing frameworks.
- Experience in testing cross-browser GUI applications and REST APIs etc.
- Wide exposure in functional and load testing frameworks/tools like Robot Framework, Selenium, Postman, JMeter etc.
- Experience working in microservices, Container and Cloud environments.
- Good knowledge of software QA methodologies and processes.
- Experience working on Agile/Scrum development teams.
- Good communication and organizational skills with ability to self manage time and deliverables.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or equivalent.