Perx Technologies introduces the world’s first intelligent, autonomous loyalty and customer engagement solution. Headquartered in Singapore, the platform synergizes gamification, behavioral science, and AI to support brands in elevating customer actions and interactions using data-driven experiences.
By designing customized, incentive-driven journeys, Perx Technologies simplifies customer acquisition, activation, monetization, and growth, cultivating enduring loyalty and remarkable user experiences, solidifying its position as an industry trailblazer.
This is a hands-on role with management responsibilities where you will be driving Perx’s engineering strategy and the quality of our product development and engineering efforts to meet business objectives. One of the key responsibilities for this position is to manage the engineering team and work closely with the wider product and technical teams to successfully deliver at scale.
The Ideal Candidate
- You have pent up ideas you want to exercise and too much to offer than to atrophy in your current role.
- You want to innovate with a growth mindset, open and agile culture.
- You aspire to be a future leader of a product engineering organization.
- You are curious, creative, love innovating and knowledge sharing, being a thought leader of your domain, and love coaching and mentoring your team.
- You love inspiring and motivating your team, customers, partners and your ecosystem.
- You are technically astute, can still write and review code and have a strong command of modern, cutting edge and effective engineering frameworks, designs and architectures.
- You love challenging the status quo and are great at presenting your ideas, plans and strategy internally and externally.
- You have led and managed a team.
- You have built a product that has generated revenue and that product is still impacting organizations today.
- You are humble, self aware, have failed before, and have learned from your mistakes.
- Your soft skills are as strong, if not stronger, than your hard skills.
- You have high emotional intelligence and good business acumen.
- You embrace servant leadership.
What’s the role?
- Lead, mentor, and motivate a team of skilled engineers, fostering a culture of collaboration, innovation, and high performance.
- Foster a sense of ownership and accountability within the team, promoting individual growth and team cohesion.
- Provide technical leadership and expertise to the engineering team, assisting in complex problem-solving and guiding technology decisions.
- Develop and deliver high-impact, forward-looking roadmaps for your team in line with the company’s product roadmap.
- Champion continuous learning and professional development, ensuring the team remains at the forefront of technological advancements.
- Collaborate closely with Product Management to build solutions that not only meet customer needs but also drive innovation and market differentiation.
- Implement and enforce best practices for code quality, testing, and development processes.
- Maintain high engineering standards, including conducting thorough code reviews, implementing robust development and QA processes, and upholding data & information security policies.
Technology and Security:
- Establish and oversee DevSecOps practices, integrating security into the entire software development and deployment lifecycle.
- Conduct regular security assessments, vulnerability scans, and penetration testing to identify and remediate security weaknesses.
- Ensure strict compliance with industry security standards and regulations, while actively seeking and achieving relevant certifications.
- Implement and manage cutting-edge security tools and automation to streamline security processes and maintain a proactive security posture.
- Promote the professional growth of team members through mentorship, training, and providing constructive performance feedback.
- Develop a robust talent acquisition strategy to attract, retain, and nurture top engineering talent, fostering a market-leading engineering organization.
- Efficiently allocate both human and technical resources to maximize productivity and meet project goals.
- Champion a culture of continuous improvement, driving efficiency and flexibility in the delivery of services through optimization of processes and workflows.
- Collaborate with Senior Management to develop and align engineering strategies with the company’s overall objectives, ensuring that technical decisions are in harmony with broader business goals.
- Play a pivotal role in defining and executing the company’s technology roadmap, anticipating industry trends, and identifying opportunities for innovation.
Who are we looking for?
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field.
- At Least 6-8 years of solid experience working on or building B2B SaaS solutions.
- Proven experience in engineering management, with a track record of successfully leading and motivating high-performing engineering teams.
- Demonstrated experience in technical leadership roles, with a deep understanding of software development, architecture, and best practices.
- Significant experience in implementing and overseeing DevSecOps practices, with a focus on integrating security throughout the software development lifecycle.
- Experience in collaborating closely with Product Management to deliver innovative, market-leading solutions.
- Familiarity with industry security standards, compliance, and relevant certifications.
- Experience in managing security tools and automation to ensure robust security practices.
- Proficiency in a wide range of programming languages and technologies relevant to the industry.
- In-depth knowledge of DevSecOps practices and tools, including but not limited to CI/CD pipelines, vulnerability scanning, and penetration testing.
- Familiarity with cloud computing and containerization technologies.
- Strong knowledge of Ruby On Rails, React, Angular and AWS.
- Strong understanding of software development methodologies, quality assurance, and code review processes.
Leadership and Interpersonal Skills:
- Exceptional leadership and team-building skills, with a proven ability to mentor, inspire, and develop engineering talent.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to communicate complex technical concepts effectively in and outside of Perx.
- Adept at fostering a collaborative and innovative team culture while instilling a sense of ownership and accountability.
- Strong problem-solving and critical-thinking abilities, particularly in addressing complex technical and cross-team challenges.
- A creative thinker who encourages and promotes innovation within the engineering team and throughout the organization.
- Experience handling customer-facing meetings with client CTO/CIO/CDOs or similar
What’s on offer?
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
- Flexible work culture where we embrace a fully remote or hybrid work environment.
- Collaborative environment and the opportunity to work with a leading player in the Martech and Fintech space.
- Opportunity to work with global and regional tier-one enterprises in the banking, retail, insurance, and telecom sectors.
- Great career development opportunities and internal mobility for cross-functional pathways are embedded in our culture.
- Work with a globally hand-picked talent pool of passion-driven people who power some of the largest brands globally, leveraging Perx’s SaaS platform to engage with 50Mn+ consumers each day.
Join us to discover the exciting possibilities at the intersection of gamification, behavioral science, and AI. Help us empower businesses to acquire, engage, monetize, and retain customers through innovative, data-driven experiences.