Singapore Platform Full-Time
Perx Technologies is a category-creating Lifestyle Marketing SaaS Platform helping large enterprises and digital native businesses transform from transient and transactional brands to delivering continuous and meaningful customer engagements in the digital economy. Powering large regional and global brands, the platform enables organizations of all sizes to monetize customer engagements by creating personalized, interactive revenue-generating digital experiences for millions of end consumers.
What will you get to do every day?
- As a Data Engineer on the Analytics team, you will be the “source of truth” for Perx’s most fundamental data – such as end-customer engagement and client usage data – along with core metrics such as daily (DAU) and monthly active users (MAU).
- Alongside designing & implementing the plumbing & infrastructure that will power the Analytics frameworks, you will also help shape the company’s decision to use bleeding-edge data technologies and features, working directly with our infrastructure team to integrate them into the services you design at scale.
- In doing so, you will help empower the Perx team to provide insights to hundreds of marketing analysts to get insights into millions of their end customers’ interactions.
Who You Are:
You are a go-getter & dreamer, wanting to join a community of extremely talented, forward-thinking & diverse engineers in the industry & region. You gain happiness in building & scaling resilient, robust, well performing, and end-to-end tested distributed systems that can power the most business-critical applications. You want to learn, work with, and leverage on cutting-edge open-source technologies. The ideal candidate has experience with and/or history of contributions to Python, Hadoop, Spark, Redshift, Cassandra, PostGREs, Ruby (on Rails) or similar technologies. You have experience in distributed systems, database internals, or performance analysis.
What are we looking for?
- You are a go-getter & dreamer, wanting to join a community of extremely talented, forward-thinking & diverse engineers in the industry & region.
- You gain happiness in building & scaling resilient, robust, well performing, and end-to-end tested distributed systems that can power the most business-critical applications. You want to learn, work with, and leverage on cutting-edge open-source technologies.
- The ideal candidate has experience with and/or history of contributions to Python, Hadoop, Spark, Redshift, Cassandra, PostGREs, Ruby (on Rails) or similar technologies.
- You have experience in distributed systems, database internals, or performance analysis.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field e.g. Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics or S.T.E.M related fields. Master’s degree would be a plus.
- At least 2.5 years of hands-on experience in Data warehouse, BI or Data analyst roles
- Strong knowledge of database structure systems, ETL/ELT pipeline concepts and OLTP/OLAP concepts.
- Deep Understanding of data structures and common methods of Data Transformation, Quality Control and Consistency, and Query Optimization.
- Hands-on development with (one of) Python, Spark or other relevant distributed computing languages. Experience with Ruby is a plus.
- Experience with building data pipelines using SQL on cloud infrastructure (T-SQL, Postgres, MySQL).
- Experience with Data Visualization/Analytical tools such as QuickSights Power BI or Tableau.
- Working experience with Linux/Unix Systems and AWS Cloud Environment
What’s on offer?
- Collaborative environment and the opportunity to work with one of Asia’s leading players in the Martech and Fintech space.
- Opportunity to work with > 1Bn B2C global conglomerates in the banking, large retail, insurance and telecom sectors.
- Work with a globally hand-picked talent of 50+ employees who power some of the largest brands in the region who leverage the SaaS platform to engage with 50Mn+ consumers each day.
- Great career development opportunities across marketing, pre-sales and customer engagement teams offered with cross developmental training.
We understand that product innovation comes from people innovation and that is why we invest in high potentials and cultivating leaders throughout the organization. If you are passionate about creating and contributing to a top-notch culture – join us. This is your opportunity to be part of an incredible story that is only getting bigger and more exciting by the day. We are passionately disrupting the traditional loyalty space and redefining what it means for brands to have meaningful relationships with their customers in the mobile-first economy.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Perx. Perx is an equal opportunity employer. We do not base our decisions – employees or otherwise – on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.